Wednesday, April 18, 2012

it's been a while

oh hey, yeah I have a blog. . .

It's been a busy few weeks. Holidays, time off work, family in town, thinking I was pregnant, refinancing the house, looking for a newer car. Like I said, busy.

Easter was amazing this year. My poppy's whole side of the family was in town. Got to finally meet my youngest cousins. 3 days together was NOT long enough, but until next time, we made some great memories! Saying goodbye was hard, I cried all the way back to work and sat at my desk with my sunglasses on for about an hour. What can I say, I'm emotional.

My cousin Kimbe got engaged! I knew when Jason was going to ask and how but I was nervous the entire time waiting for her to call me. It sucks that she's on the west coast now, but we talk almost everyday. I cried.

With all the crying and other weird things, I though I might be pregnant, but of course, nope. When you plan nothing ever works out. Chris tells me I'm bad about that. Needing to know every little detail. Well, it hasn't worked right since we've been together. We plan and most everything turns out fine, but there is always something that blows up. So, no more planning, no counting days, no preparing, just doing. ;) when it happens it happens. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I just have to keep telling myself that. I have a few good friends that help remind me of that too.

With the way interest rates have been, we decided it was time to refinance the house, currently in the process, has been moving pretty quick. Friday I talked to a mortgage lender at my personal bank, Monday morning I e-mailed her all my information, Monday afternoon I went into the bank to go over and sign the loan application and all the other papers, Thursday the appraiser is coming out to the house. Hopefully we'll close before the end of the month!   FAST   Saving me some good money.

My car is dying. Or it's kinda like it already has but we keep shocking it back to life. I am tired of putting money into it to fix it when death is in it's near future. Why waste the money on a lost cause, when you can put it toward something newer? I need it bad! and it's looking like Ellen isn't going to be calling to tell me she's giving me a new car anytime soon. So we've been researching different makes and models. I think I've narrowed it down to either a Ford Fusion or Focus. 4 door. This will be my mommy car (Kimbe's words) so it needs to be safe and practical. (see there's that planning thing again, but it is justified!)

I am excited with everything we've been up doing. I'm just ready for a break. I need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment