More like super weekend!
I had a fantastic weekend. Saturday, I got up at the crack of dawn to watch one of my baby cousins (Ronny, who is so not a baby anymore) run in a track meet. Spent the entire day with his mother and brother (Kenny), my mammie, and the gramma. Got to celebrate Kenny's 17th birthday, man I feel OLD. I was 10 when he was born. It's great to see how that incredibly cute baby has grown over the years into a young man. I can't wait to see what he does with his life. A few other family members showed up for the celebration. Gramma had a house full. I'm sure she enjoyed half of her enormous family being together, but I know it wore her out. Had great conversations about money, family, moving, politics, and religion. Only with family can you talk about all that and leave still loving one another. haha
Sunday, one of the besties came over and hung out for a couple of hours. Watched my Cats play an awesome game and go 16-0 in the SEC conference. Perfection is a sweet reward! The hubs and I went and did a little recon on how we're going to fix our kitchen. Can't do what we originally had planned with the cabinets. We're going to save money but not time. Looking like I'll be without a kitchen for a week or two once we get started but I did find a new sink that I am in love with. It was nice being out and about spending time with the hubs. Went and saw his parents and their new puppy, who is full of bouncy energy. haha He is so much fun! Wrapped up the night with a delish dinner at penn station. Their chicken salad is pretty damn tasty.
I love weekends that are busy and filled with family and friends. I believe this was the start of many weekends like this to come. YAY for spring, family, friends, and FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment