Thursday, January 26, 2012

Burpees can kiss my ASS!

The time has come for a body over haul. After I got married I gained at least 20lbs and got lazy and lost a lot of muscle mass. I want to tone up and lose some weight before the hubs and I decide to have children. So last night I started an exercise circuit at home. (thank you pinterest) My bod is screaming at me today and I am SO sore, but it feels SO good. I slept like a rock last night and woke up feeling great!

I have a couple different circuits that I'm going to alternate between days. Most are quick and easy, takes only 10 minutes to get through and you do them 3 to 4 times. Really gets the heart rate going. Jumping jacks, jump rope, push ups, crunches, lunges, sumo squats, wall sits (which I can only do for maybe 20 seconds at a time right now, and of course the dogs think they can help, haha) and BURPEES. I hate them, really HATE them. They kicked my ass last night. I don't know how people can do 10 at a time. I could barely do 3. I guess I need to get in a little better shape before I can knock out 10 or more.

I really want to get a yoga ball so I can start doing some of those exercises too and some small hand weights. Need to add that cost into my budget. Tonight I'm going to dust off the treadmill and get some walking in and do one of the shorter circuits. I think my rotation will work out nice. I plan to get the hubs involved too, so we can work off that squishy beer belly. hahaha

Right now I weigh about 160 and wear a size 10. Here's to kicking that 160lbs in the ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment