Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time Flies

My hubs and I are getting close to our 4th wedding anni, but 4 days ago we celebrated our 9th New Years Eve together.

This year we were lucky enough to spend it with some really good friends who are more like family. As the seconds ticked away, I thought 'WOW, 9 years!'. Where does the time go? I guess the statement 'time flies when you're having fun' is very much TRUE! Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj were awesome, the ball dropped, everyone hugged and kissed, and we went back to playing cards.

As I sat there, I remembered our 1st NYE, it was wild. As well was our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The last 5 have been less wild. Last year we spent it at home being lazy on the couch with our dogs. I think we switched the tv over at 11:58 to watch the ball drop and then turned it back to whatever we were watching. NO exciting, wild night. haha Crazy how things change the older you get. Getting bat shit crazy drunk and passing out on the bathroom floor isn't as appealing as it was 9 years ago.

I am lucky to have this amazing man in my life. Here's to many more NYEs. Hope yours was a fantastic time no matter how you spent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment